Training Courses For Individual & Teams
The EVOLVE training division provides current, progressive, training courses for technical, mountain based “at-height” activities where there is a potential risk of a fall requiring rescue. Currently our trainers provide on-site, specific training or specialized, custom, courses in Golden, BC. Contact for further custom training details.
AERIAL CHAIRLIFT / GONDOLA / TRAMWAY ACCESS & EVACUATION TRAINING
Our course content focuses on:
- Access, fall protection
- Fundamental rope and rigging skills
- Evacuation training
- Utilizing Petzl lift evacuation solutions
- Hazard assessment and risk analysis
- Training course content integrates redundant back up fall arrest systems, supports safe work practices, fall protection best practices, and offers a progressive course in compliance with Canadian regulations
This tower/aerial cable access and rescue course focuses on the fundamentals for safe access and effective rescue training opportunities. Training workers on: PPE selection and use, practical scenarios, and some theory-based learning. Topics covered include: pre-planning, access, Job/Training Safety Analysis (JSA), fall protection, decision making, problem solving, communications, team work, rescue, situationally based rescue, and managing people’s safety in a dynamic/hazardous environment.
Specific operations that require specialized training can benefit from our rope access training program. Specialized training includes:
- Terrain access and egress
- Tower span distance
- Staff-rescue personnel
- Response time
SKI INDUSTRY TECHNICAL RESCUE
This course is tailored to the mechanized ski industry: ski resorts, backcountry Helicopter & Cat skiing operations.
Course content focuses on PPE and rescue equipment selection and use, practical scenarios, and some theory. Covered topics include: pre-planning, access, hazard assessment, risk analysis, fall protection, decision making, problem solving, communications, team work, rescue, situationally based rescue, and managing people’s safety in a dynamic/hazardous environment.
Covered with training:
- Team rescue response kit, building on improvised (lightweight) rescue and initial stabilization kits
- On-site team rope rescue training
This course integrates core fundamentals of rope access, work-at-height, and rescue principles that are adapted to the mountain work environment. Training is essential for efficient and effective operational emergency response plans (ERP) and rope rescue programs.
Rope Rescue: sloped & vertical terrain rescue systems
- Team technical rigging and rescue systems
- High lines, high directional anchors and artificial high directional (AHD) applications
- Cross haul and taglines
PETZL LEZARD Rescue Lanyard
Helicopter (HEC) Product Training
The LEZARD lanyard is designed for helicopter evacuation and the insertion/extraction of tower/utility/energy workers. It allows the drop-off/pick-up phases to be secured thanks to an adjustable arm that can be instantly ejected to free the subject, the rescuer and the helicopter, if the helicopter needs to suddenly leave its stationary position.
Training focuses on:
- Proper use, misuses and inspection and maintenance
- Understanding the recommendations for using the LEZARD and knowing the risks linked to improper use
- Product specific and does not cover all aspects risks of HEC operations